Abolish 21st Century Slavery
The mission of Slavery No More is to resource a diversity of the most effective organizations working to combat and abolish modern-day slavery and human trafficking, and to create awareness and a diversity of opportunities for meaningful personal engagement.
- 27 million people are slaves today - Unicef
- 1-1.2 million children are trafficked every year - U.S. Dept. of State, Unicef
- 80% of trafficking victims are women and girls - U.S. Dept of State
- 50% of trafficking victims are minors - U.S. Dept of State
- Human Trafficking is the 2nd largest criminal enterprise behind drugs, and the fastest growing - U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime